Open an Account Today
The Connecticut Higher Education Trust (CHET), Connecticut’s direct-sold 529 college savings plan, offers you three easy ways to get started.
Read the Disclosure Booklet carefully, then select how you'd like to enroll:
- Enroll Online!
You can submit your initial contribution electronically from your bank account or by sending a check.
- Download Enrollment Materials
Everything you need to open an account is right here.
- Request Enrollment Kit
Have enrollment materials mailed to you. Please allow five to seven days for delivery.
Gather this information first to help you complete the enrollment form faster:
- Your Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number
- Name and Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number of the individual for whom you are opening the account (beneficiary)
- A check for the initial deposit or a blank check and/or deposit slip (for bank account and ABA/routing number), if you are going to fund your initial contribution through an electronic bank draft (ACH) or establish an automatic contribution plan (see sample)
- Your bank branch telephone number (for electronic funds transfer)