Rollovers and Transfers

Transfer Funds from Another 529 College Savings Plan

Already have a 529 college savings plan account with another state and want to move the assets to a Connecticut Higher Education Trust account?

Complete the Rollover Form (PDF) and return it to us along with your enrollment kit materials.

You are permitted to transfer funds from another 529 college savings plan to an account in CHET for the same beneficiary once within a 12-month period without incurring federal income tax. Before doing a transfer or rollover from another account, be sure to consider the differences in features and costs, and possible tax consequences.

You may wish to consult your tax advisor or the other 529 college savings plan before transferring funds. State and local taxes may apply. For more information on rollovers, see the Disclosure Booklet (PDF).

We are here to help.
tiaa cref